Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Independence Day Bug Bites


I fogot to mention this before. Thomas got a really bad bug bite on his cheek on the 4th. I didn't really notice it till the next day. It looked like a blister the size of a pencil eraser. It wasn't really a problem till later that night when Thomas was scratching at it and broke the blister. He kind of scared me Sunday morning. The right side of his face was so swollen! His eye was almost swollen shut and his face almost looked a bit purple and you could really see the veins going out from the bug bite. I brought him to the doctor and she said it was not really a big deal but gave him a prescription antibiotic ointment to put on it. The swelling lasted through Monday, but it's pretty much gone now. The bug bite is now starting to heal so it looks much better and it seems to be bothering him a lot less too. Poor kid. He's always reacted really stongly to bug bites. I hope this is something he outgrows.

No comments: